Community of Practice (CoP) – Junior Cycle Science
This is an informal session and its aim is to encourage and facilitate discussion amongst teachers
The second session will focus on:
1. Continue building a database of sharing resources for Junior Cycle Science – Sign up with email address
2. Mapping the LO contextual strands for assessment purposes
3. Focus on the Nature of Science and importance for inspection and link to resources suitable for 1st to 3rd Years.
4. Incorporating differentiation into Junior Cycle Science lessons
5. Numeracy and Literacy in JC Science
6. Discussion of successes, issues and experience of CBA 2 (3rd Year)
7. Discussion of successes, issues and experience of CBA 1 (2nd Year)
About the Facilitator:
Jonathan Reynolds is a post primary teacher in Junior and Senior Sciences in Ramsgrange Community School, Co. Wexford for the past eight years, previously teaching in Yeats College Waterford and Westmeath ETB. He is an experienced written examiner for Junior Cycle Science and Junior Cycle Mock examination process setting and correcting Mock examinations for Ordinary & Higher-Level Agricultural Science and correcting Leaving Certificate Biology & Chemistry (both levels). He is currently participating in a Master of Education in School, Cosán Framework with the Teaching Council and JCT.
Next meeting @ Co Wexford Education Centre Wednesday 22nd of April 5.30 - 7.30 pm