Intel Mini Scientist Competition
The Mini Scientist Competition 2022
We are back!
We are thrilled to announce that the Intel Mini Scientist will return this year as an in-person competition. Students from 4th, 5th and 6th class will be invited to create science projects which will be exhibited in your school.
Intel judges, will endeavour to visit schools to see your projects, chat to students and ultimately select a winning project to move forward to the next phase.
The winning projects will then be invited to participate in a Grand Final event where the overall Mini Scientist will be awarded. The grand prize includes €1000 for the school of the winning project. The competition kicks off in September 2022.
Applications now open.
For more information about the 2022 Intel Mini Scientist Competition you can view our information booklet here.
- The projects are to be completed either in teams (with a maximum of four students) or alternatively projects can be completed by individuals.
- The competition is open to 4th, 5th, and 6th class students.
- Students whose projects involve studies of live animals must ensure that such studies are carried out in conformity with the statutory regulations. Copies of the regulations are available from the Department of Health and Children, Hawkins House, Dublin 2.
- Agar plates containing micro-organisms cannot be used.
- Each projects is required to have a project book. Any visual elements that support the project can be incorporated into this project book.
- Project book guidelines
- Project Book Cover