10th Annual Research Conference 2021
Saturday 13th November 2021
CALL FOR PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS
Co. Wexford Education Centre, Waterford Teachers’ Centre and Kilkenny Education Centre are currently accepting proposals for presentations.
Conference Theme: SEN-Unlocking Policy, Practice and Potential.
We encourage the submission of proposals for presentations that address this topic as it relates to pre-school, primary school, post-primary school and/or further education.
Proposals and papers should emphasise research and practice in teaching and learning with a focus on the uses of innovative learning strategies.
Please submit a short abstract (maximum 200 words) to include title, field of study and presenter’s application form together with your full academic titles to:
Closing Date for Abstract Submission: Friday 24th September 2021
The Conference will be presented online via Zoom.
Presentations will be published on Waterford Teachers` Centre, Co. Wexford Education Centre and Kilkenny Education Centre websites.
Louise Madigan Bursary
Terms & Conditions for making an application for Louise Madigan Bursary
1. Applicants must be current teachers of the in ESCI Region 3. (For info please see www.esci.ie )
2. Applicants must be registered at a recognised third level institution during 2021. Bursaries shall not be awarded retrospectively or prior to registration, or if involved in a research project associated with a third level institution.
3. Criteria for selection of particular research projects will be at the discretion of a team of three independent assessors, but they will be asked to bear in mind:
- Current issues in Education
- That the selected projects should reflect the various categories of research (e.g. psychology, philosophy, curriculum and assessment, history, policy, administration, leadership etc.)
- That funding is made available for projects in a number of institutions
- Geographical and gender balance.
4. Copies of final research are to be made available to the libraries of the three Education Centres.
5. Members may not receive more than one Louise Madigan bursary, over the course of their career.
6. The decision of the independent assessors shall be endorsed by the Management Committees of the 3 Centres. The decision of the 3 Management Committees is final. No correspondence shall be entered into.
7. Applicants are asked to include in support of their application a description of their project, which should include information on the following aspects of their work:
- Description of the project for which the Bursary is being sought
- Relative significance of the contribution that the proposed project will make to the area of study.
- Progress to date (where applicable) This description should not exceed 1,000 words. Applicants are asked not to exceed the stated word limits.
8. Only complete application forms shall be considered.
9. Completed applications must be received (either by post or email) before the closing date (Friday 24th September 2021). Any applications received after the closing date shall not be considered.
10. The bursary of €1,500.00 will be transferred to the successful applicant’s account by 31/10/21.
Visit Teachers Research Exchange - t-rex.ie