School Resources available on loan
Schools in our catchment area have the opportunity to borrow the following items for free throughout the school year.
- BeeBots, iPods, iPads, Android Tablets and avail of in-service support and then experiment with the borrowed resources for two weeks. This gives schools an opportunity to access the educational value and use of these hand held devices in their own school context. We have 3 sets available for borrowing
- IZAK9 consists of 24 colourful cubes accompanied by an online support area of tasks and questions suitable for student between the ages of 8 and 14. We have two sets available for borrowing.
- Lego Education WeDo 2.0 LEGO WeDo is a robotics hardware and software platform specifically designed for Kindergarten to Grade 2 students. As with other LEGO Education products it follows the 4 C's process – Connect to a story, Construct a model, Contemplate its function, and Continue improving its design. We have two sets of six boxes to loan to schools throughout the year.
- iPods, iPads and Tablets. We have 3 sets of iPads and one set of ipods available for borrowing.
During various courses throughout the year teachers were introduced to the use of STEM focused manipulatives such as LEGO WeDo and BeeBots which can be incorporated into teaching, learning and assessment from the infant classroom to Sixth class. While primarily focusing on problem solving skills and coding for mathematics these resources can also be used in problem solving, methodologies in a variety of other curricular areas.
These resources are available to borrow from the Education Centre for a two week period. Priority is given to schools who have completed the summer course in each area however other schools may also borrow them.
Simply phone the Education Centre on 053 9239100 and put your name on a list.
You will be contacted when your school’s next in line.
We also have three different libraries.
- ILSA (available to ILSA members only on payment of €30.00 annual membership fee.
- Co. Wexford Education Centre Library.
- Book Library for Teachers engaging in the Masters of Arts in Management in Education